First broody hatch a long!

Alright i candled tonight and i found i accidently mislabled 2 and one of the Mottled Cochin eggs was gone and their was egg yolk on the bedding so i know it was cracked open. Some were hard to see but i did see the air cell for sure. No pictures this time but for the next candling on day 5 or 6 ill get them. @junior67 did you want to pick a different one since i accidentally mislabeled.
So for the right list.
#1-LO(Air cell)
#2-LO(Air cell)
#3-LO- (Air cell) @Isabella5Storm3
#4-LO(Air cell)
#5 -Polish mix from friend (veins with large air cell and small dot/chick)- @junior67
#6-MCB(Air cell)@junior67
#7-MCB- (Air cell) @Lovely Lettie
#8 -MCB eaten

Last edited:
Alright i candled tonight and i found i accidently mislabled 2 and one of the Mottled Cochin eggs was gone and their was egg yolk on the bedding so i know it was cracked open. Some were hard to see but i did see the air cell for sure. No pictures this time but for the next candling on day 5 or 6 ill get them. @junior67 did you want to pick a different one since i accidentally mislabeled.
So for the right list.
#1-LO(Air cell)
#2-LO(Air cell)
#3-LO- (Air cell) @Isabella5Storm3
#4-LO(Air cell)
#5 -Polish mix from friend (veins with large air cell and small dot/chick)- @junior67
#6-MCB(Air cell)
#7-MCB- (Air cell) @Lovely Lettie
#8 -MCB eaten
could I get #6. if extra I will keep $5 as well. Funny I was going back and forth between 5 &6. :) I LOVE mottled Cochins. :)

I prefer to candle at day 7 or 8. These are the best days to see if the embryos grow well.

Its better not disturb the broody to much. That’s why I candle just once.
I hate candling on day 7. Embryo moves in some so harder to see and seems veins do too. I used to always think they quit around then and then a couple days later they would be back. Lol

I hate candling on day 7. Embryo moves in some so harder to see and seems veins do too. I used to always think they quit around then and then a couple days later they would be back. Lol
Im trying to do day 5 or 6 this i way i can collect the eggs that were laid by the others and then candle. The veins in the polish mix were moving around a lot and today is day 7 for that egg.

Ok so im going to candle tonight its day 5. Then i wont candle till day 10 as i dont wanna disturb the broodies to much.

But one of the broodies gets put of the nest for a hour goes and eats, drinks, dustbathes then goes back to the box for the rest of the day.
The other broody doesnt get out of the box at all. I moved her out 2 days ago and made sure she got food and water before going back in. But she is a mean broody so its hard to move her. Should i put food and water right in front of her or keep moving her out every 2 days?

The other broody doesnt get out of the box at all. I moved her out 2 days ago and made sure she got food and water before going back in. But she is a mean broody so its hard to move her. Should i put food and water right in front of her or keep moving her out every 2 days?
if she isnt eating, drinking, pooping and dustbathing its best to take her off the nest every day/two days. I would put the food and water not too near to the nestbox.
She needs to stretch het legs a bit and you don’t want her too mage a huge poop in front of the nest. Best give chick feed and maybe a few nutritious treats.

if she isnt eating, drinking, pooping and dustbathing its best to take her off the nest every day/two days. I would put the food and water not too near to the nestbox.
She needs to stretch het legs a bit and you don’t want her too mage a huge poop in front of the nest. Best give chick feed and maybe a few nutritious treats.
I need to go get some chick feed.
I have been taking her off the nest every 2 days. There is food/water in the coop now.

Back
Top Bottom