First chicken in the world opening the hard plastic cat flip door

Dita Orlik

Chirping
Jun 2, 2023
I recorded probably the first chicken in the world opening the hard plastic cat flip door. For a week at least a hen got out long before the automatic chicken door would open through the emergency cat door I set for exit only.
Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 09.14.23.png

I recorded probably the first chicken in the world opening the hard plastic cat flip door. For a week at least a hen got out long before the automatic chicken door would open through the emergency cat door I set for exit only. View attachment 3657043
😲 That is amazing!

I'd love to see the video. One way I know, if you want to, is to make an account on YouTube and post it there, then you can make that shareable, copy the link, and insert it here.

It would be neat to sometime have a thread of all the funny and awesome things our chickens have done or can do. Yours I bet would be the best or right up there!

😲 That is amazing!

I'd love to see the video. One way I know, if you want to, is to make an account on YouTube and post it there, then you can make that shareable, copy the link, and insert it here.

It would be neat to sometime have a thread of all the funny and awesome things our chickens have done or can do. Yours I bet would be the best or right up there!
She did it again today, but that video will show on youtube tomorrow. I am pasting the link for yesterday
The motion camera is too slow (Norio), even today (Reolink)) is too slow to to catch it.

😲 That is amazing!

The exit only will not prevent a raccoon from pulling it open from the outside, I learned this with the cat flap on our house.

The exit only will not prevent a raccoon from pulling it open from the outside, I learned this with the cat flap on our house.
I was thinking of it a while ago. Simple solution is to beef up the outside frame/ the insert so raccoon or me at that point cant grab it to open.

Back
Top Bottom