First chicks from Meyer

kenya1977

In the Brooder
Jul 6, 2015
Knoxville, TN
Well, got my Meyer chicks today and I'm thrilled.
Buff Orphington - Poppy
Blue laced Wyandotte - Violet
Delaware - Lily
Golden laced Wyandotte - Aster
Welsummer - Dandylion
Barred Rock - Daisy
and their extra I'm guessing is a Rhode Island red - Rose.

I'm doing the heating pad method that I saw someone start another thread about. I set it up last night with a Large (12X15") heating pad and this morning inside temp was 95-98 and just at the edge was 90. I had to show them how to use it, but they are staying in when they want then coming out to eat.

Last edited:
I ordered from Meyer this year, first time ever. I received three Easter Egger Pullets and I have never seen healthier chicks.

Best of luck to you on those adorable new additions! :)

So far they are acting really good without any problems. Very happy with them!

They are really loving the mama heating pad.

Well, got my Meyer chicks today and I'm thrilled.
Buff Orphington - Poppy
Blue laced Wyandotte - Violet
Delaware - Lily
Golden laced Wyandotte - Aster
Welsummer - Dandylion
Barred Rock - Daisy
and their extra I'm guessing is a Rhode Island red - Rose.

I'm doing the heating pad method that I saw someone start another thread about. I set it up last night with a Large (12X15") heating pad and this morning inside temp was 95-98 and just at the edge was 90. I had to show them how to use it, but they are staying in when they want then coming out to eat.

They are adorable, and Iove your flower names!

Welcome to BYC, by the way. Have you found the Meyer thread yet? There are a bunch of us over there who talk about our Meyer chicks all the time. And the thread has a lot of photos of how people's Meyer chicks turned out once they grew up. Link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/738837/meyer-hatchery-chicken-pics-anyone/10120#post_15608358

I recieved 12 buff orpington chicks from Meyer july 2....all are doing fine and will be moving out to the coop/run next week...to join the other 6....im in the cleveland tn area....saw your location...just up the road from me....good luck with your new chick

I ordered 5 chicks from Meyers I received them a couple of weeks ago barred rock, buff orpington, black australorp, golden laced Wyandotte, partridge rock this was the first time I had ever ordered chicks and I would definitely recommend Meyers the chicks arrived healthy and are doing great

So far they are acting really good without any problems. Very happy with them!

They are really loving the mama heating pad.

Love the heating pad method. We just got our first goup of chicks 2 days ago. I orderd 11 from My Pet Chicken and they all survived the travel and are thriving so far. Im using the heating pad cave as well and the chicks love it. What a great idea.
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom