FIRST DUCK EGG! ok.....two yolkes, both frtalised, but fused?

prov31gal

Songster
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
over the mountain
im almost certain this is a duck egg, its HUGE. my chikkies and duckles are in together and so i guess technically it doesnt HAVE to be a ducks egg.
ive been waiting and waiting, and its past time someone should lay. this egg looks like a duks egg, its very large, and wide, but its a pinkish color, kind of a light pinkish brown.
now, ive got anconas, and i dont know what color variations they lay..........so what do you think?

EDIT...SO I CRACKED IT OPEN, AND THE YOLKS ARE FUSED! BUT BOTH HAVE BULLSEYE RINGS! BIZZARRO! IM GOING TO GO CHECK OUT MU CHIKKIES AND MAKE SURE WHOVER LAYED THIS IS OK!

here are some chicken eggs from our girls, they vary in size
29687_2010_11_15_131.jpg

and here is the egg next to one of the chicken eggs
29687_2010_11_15_153.jpg

Last edited:
well, see ive had crazy big eggs from chickens before, and double youlkers. this is by far too huge! if this came out of a chicken, id expectto see blood. there was none.
. ill have to break it open and see. but this egg is fully 3 inches long and 2 inches wide.
it is totally possibe its a chicken egg, but WOW.
im going to crack it open now and see!

I don't know about Anconas but I have Black Swedish and they surprised me when they started laying the eggs were black they have lightened considerably to a gray color like or lighter than the giant double yolker on the right of picture

32511_1009020011.jpg

from MCM "will lay mostly white eggs with an occasional blue or gray tinted egg"

what kind of duck do you have... that will help us help you.

BTW, duck eggs tend to be slicker and a little waxier than chicken eggs. The also tend to repel water. Not all but when I spray my chicken eggs, the water seems to evaporate into the egg but when I spray a duck egg it seems to bead and drip off.

Duck eggs are also harder to crack than a chicken egg. They have a thicker shell and a waxy coating. I think your big egg is from a chicken. Doesn't look like a duck egg to me.

Back
Top Bottom