First Duck Egg

Josie20

In the Brooder
Jul 19, 2020
Hi everyone, I’m new to having my ducks lay eggs and my little Muscovy girl laid her first egg this morning. Just wondering if she’s meant to leave it and continue about her day to day life? I can’t find a great deal of information about Muscovys and their laying behaviour anywhere so if someone could help me that would be amazing :)

Hi everyone, I’m new to having my ducks lay eggs and my little Muscovy girl laid her first egg this morning. Just wondering if she’s meant to leave it and continue about her day to day life? I can’t find a great deal of information about Muscovys and their laying behaviour anywhere so if someone could help me that would be amazing :)
Our Khaki just started laying, she's done the same thing. I'm sure it's normal. I wondered how they don't crack them.

Ducks lay their eggs allover the place and in odd places - unless the duck goes back periodically to set the eggs she isn't brooding. Unlike chickens who don't even try to get off the nest sometimes, you have to put the food and water in front of the hen.

Back
Top Bottom