FIRST EGG EVER!!!!!!

Bock-Bock-Bagock

Chirping
Oct 6, 2023
Central Tennessee
I'm very excited about my first egg from my girls. So this is my first time raising laying hens or chickens in general. I started with 5 day old chicks and have gotten to the egg laying!!! I'm fairly confident this is from my Barred Rock, Pepper. She is the one that reacts when you scratch her back and was the only one I saw in the nesting box. The other two still run away when you scratch their backside. They are over 20 weeks old at this point and I started to wonder when I was going to be getting eggs.
It's tiny, but I'm so proud of my girl. Hope she keeps making them.

Attachments

• PXL_20231105_181826331.jpg
    PXL_20231105_181826331.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 36
I just got a surprise. A bright green egg. I have 6 pullets, one hatched in April, and she has been laying a while. One who hatched in May and I have been expecting an egg from her any day now, but she is a production red - should have a brown egg. SOOOO???

I do have 4 young pullets who I picked up in early August - and they might have been two weeks old, which would make them MAYBE 15 weeks. I am not quite sure what they are - but the don't look EE to me, more of a brown leghorn type. I was expecting white or brown eggs.

So who is laying? This hobby is so much fun.

Mrs K

Back
Top Bottom