First eggs by breed - please share yours!

SmittenChicken

Songster
9 Years
Apr 23, 2010
Anyone know of a resource that lists the earliest/latest first egg by breed? I seem to remember someone mentioning one but I haven't found anything. I'm (not-so-patiently) waiting for my mixed flock to start laying, and would love to have an idea of when each breed might start.

If you can chime in with the breeds you have, and the earliest/latest first egg you remember for each, I'm thinking others might be wondering the same thing. At least it would give me something to pore over while I wait
smile.png

Hopefully I will soon have info to add for my girls - 2 RSL, 2 BSL, 2 SS, 2 LB, 2 WR and 3 EEs.

Well I have 3 breeds the same age 20 weeks and the only ones laying are my Cuckoo Marans they just started this week....they should all start around 24 weeks unless they are a slow maturing breed my other ones I'm waiting on are Delawares and Partridge Rocks and by their combs it looked like the Rocks would be first then the Delawares so the French girls were first I've heard stories about those French girls
ep.gif

I have 7 wyandotte hens (3 gold laced, 3 silver laced, one blue/black/splash). One started laying on July 5 at 20 weeks old and been laying every day but no one else is doing anything. I've heard that too about the wyandottes that they are slow to start laying so 20 weeks seems a little early.

would be first then the Delawares so the French girls were first I've heard stories about those French girls

yuckyuck.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom