first eggs!! Cant figure out if its one prolific hen or two?

katydidit

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 10, 2011
First time chicken owner here, and last tuesday I got my first egg! My four chickens are 19 weeks (yay for young starters!), and in the past week, i have gotten 6 eggs (exact same size and color- pale green). I have two easter eggers, a delaware, and BA. I (obviously) know its the easter egger laying the eggs, but my question is: is this ONE of my EE's being incredibly productive, given that the eggs are exactly the same? I've gotten an egg every day, and although I have limited knowledge about a pullets egg laying ability, It seems to me that its only one hen laying because they are the same.

What is your experience with this? I've stalked my chicken coop all week, knowing that the eggs are laid between 10-12 in the morning. Yet I've never caught one in the nest box... I want to know if both are laying, or just one??

Thanks all!

probably just one, my girls have been laying one egg a day pretty much every day since they started laying, so you would have more eggs if both EE's were laying. Congrats on your first eggs!!

Back
Top Bottom