First Hatch

I have 3 eggs. Two are splash ameraucana eggs, ( black australorp rooster) and I couldn't ever see through the egg during candleing because it was so dark. I was shocked when I saw one starting to hatch. So maybe the other one will hatch! The third looked like it swooshed around in the egg the last time I candled it, but looked full grown. I guess I'm just trying to not get my hopes up. I would love it if all 3 hatched. I'm in NJ btw for humidity and climate reference.
Very cool! Definitely don't give up on the other two. Chicks can hatch anywhere from day 19 did day 23 or 24. Just depends on conditions and such. I usually leave mine in for another 3 or 4 days after official hatch day and candle them to make a hundred percent certain they aren't going to hatch.

I have 3 eggs. Two are splash ameraucana eggs, ( black australorp rooster) and I couldn't ever see through the egg during candleing because it was so dark. I was shocked when I saw one starting to hatch. So maybe the other one will hatch! The third looked like it swooshed around in the egg the last time I candled it, but looked full grown. I guess I'm just trying to not get my hopes up. I would love it if all 3 hatched. I'm in NJ btw for humidity and climate reference.
I hope you get a girl! How many eggs do you have incubating and why do you think the others may not hatch?

Attachments

• Snapchat-1497141497.jpg
    Snapchat-1497141497.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom