First Hatchery order! Safe n'sound!

lmz534

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 31, 2011
Hatched on the 23'd in Cameron,TX (Ideal) and arrived this a.m. at our small town Ohio post office at 4! Meet my chicks . . . 4 Barred Rock pullets, 8 White Rock Pullets and 2 teenie lil' silver laced Cochin banties
smile.png
They are all super healthy and vibrant! Very busy little babies. I am very impressed with the 100% live shipment. Took a couple tries to get the heat lamp adjusted right, but got it perfect for them this evening and they are laying spread appart under it's glow, resting peacefully! All of them ate and drank vigorously and even got in some play fighting (those little banties have NO fear!) My two children were beyond excited. The 3 yr. old wanted to sleep in the garage with them! Overall, super pleased with our first chick experience! Wish us luck growing these little bundles!

102035_011.jpg

102035_008.jpg

102035_022.jpg

102035_013.jpg

Yay for baby chickens! You sure have a nice assortment there, good luck to you and your new friends. I love the part about your kiddo wanting to sleep with them...

We just received a shipment of chicks today as well, so I'm excited right there with you. Baby chicks are the bestest!
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
:weee

Awww this makes me so antsy for my own small flock! I guess I've gotta really step up the building of their home.... Congrats on your new babies!!!

Congrats, I was thinking about going with IDEAL as well. Did you specify what sex you wanted and if you did then did you get the sec you asked for?

Back
Top Bottom