first time hatcher

i now have 11 out of 13 one more to go the other egg is bad. sat for 48 hours had a realy big head 3 time the size of the other chick. help it out but i do not think it will make it.

Aw, that's great that you have 11! Sad about the one. I have nine little fluffy butts that have moved to the brooder now. I had two that didn't manage to pip and drowned and 6 that either weren't fertile or stopped developing early out of 17. Not bad, not bad. I was only holding out hope for 5, so I'm thrilled to have 9!

Got a 3 egg hatcher and hatched 2 out 3 on my first try. Babies are doing great. Yeah.
Congratulations!!
clap.gif
Don't forget the pictures!!

Just peeked under my broody who has 11 eggs under her. I see why you turn the humidity up before hatching...she is on day 19 and hasn't been off the nest for allmost 48 hours.....the eggs were damp from the moisture of her body....hope my/her babies can get out!!

I'm on the 6th day of my first hatch, and man, the waiting is the hardest part!!! They're developing as normal, I can see the veins and little heart beating when I candle them. I wish you best of luck with your babies!

I don't know how I'm gonna last until June, they're still 2 weeks away but I just can't take the anticipation and worry! I guess it's a new mom thing. :3

Back
Top Bottom