First time hatching and Murphy's Law seems to be in full effect

Here are some pics I snapped last night. The pretty green is actually light blue, the others are tinted and then there is one small banty egg which I suspect is Not fertile. The baked eggs will continue on in an incubator without a turner (except for me twice a day) until I am sure no one survived.
hide.gif
Just so everybody knows how clumsy I am, I dropped one of the eggs onto two others while trying to get pics and have several shots of my hand holding an egg with the flash (I think I must hold the phone too far away when that happens??)
he.gif

Anyway, on to the better news...I have amassed a total of 45 eggs so I will be filling the incubator up tonight! Yippee!!!
So I am going to be candling (and hopefully not dropping) eggs a week from tomorrow.
celebrate.gif

Here are some pics I snapped last night. The pretty green is actually light blue, the others are tinted and then there is one small banty egg which I suspect is Not fertile. The baked eggs will continue on in an incubator without a turner (except for me twice a day) until I am sure no one survived. :oops: Just so everybody knows how clumsy I am, I dropped one of the eggs onto two others while trying to get pics and have several shots of my hand holding an egg with the flash (I think I must hold the phone too far away when that happens??) :he Anyway, on to the better news...I have amassed a total of 45 eggs so I will be filling the incubator up tonight! Yippee!!! So I am going to be candling (and hopefully not dropping) eggs a week from tomorrow.:celebrate
Hooray!!! My good news for the evening is that I got my first egg!!

:) Congrats! So exciting. Is it a silkie???

BTW: LOVE the nails. ;)

It's from my Speckled Sussex! My Silkie eggs go into lockdown on Sunday, so fingers crossed I get a few of them! They will be my first silkies.
Thanks on my nails! They're nail stickers from Walmart. They last for weeks. I love them! Lol

I have 8 out of 12 local Silkie eggs who are going into lockdown Sunday and next week, 5 out of 18 of my shipped Serama eggs will go into lockdown! Zero out of 12 of my original (first) shipped Serama eggs made it.

I eggtopsied my only semi-developed Serama from my first batch. I didn't want to upset anyone, so I didn't post it here, but it looks like an infection to me.

What makes you think infection?  (Just curious.)

I have another thread with a picture, I just didn't want to post it here too. The color was horrible. If you can't find it, I can pm you the picture if you want. I wanted to know what people thought. The incubator was brand new.

Back
Top Bottom