First Time in a Long Time

Dec 17, 2023
Alabama
Hey guys! This my first time as an adult hatching chicks, it's been roughly 6-7 years since I've had any! I raised them quite a bit as a child and teenager but could use some refresher tips! We bought a Nurture Right 360 as our beginner model incubator. I've been told this incubator runs about a degree off. How can I monitor that? Just bump it up 1 degree? Also, what is everyone's experience with eggs from Meyer Hatchery? We are due to have 22 eggs ship out Tuesday and hopefully get here by the weekend. I've never hatched from shipped eggs. Is there anything special I need to do? I know I was advised to let them sit for 24 hours before adding them to my incubator. I'm firing up the incubator tonight to make sure everything is holding like it should. Wish me and my kids luck!

I've been told this incubator runs about a degree off. How can I monitor that? Just bump it up 1 degree?
Put a thermometer in the incubator where the eggs will go, and see what it says after 12-24 hours of running the incubator.

Depending on what the thermometer says, decide whether you need to adjust the temperature setting of the incubator.

I picked up a NR 360 also a month or so back but haven't fired it up yet, so following along on your hatch. Good luck.

Whatcha hatchin'?
I just bought a batch of mixed breeds from Meyer. These will be my main layer flock, but I will have a separate coop as we will be getting Light Brahmas for myself and my boys to show. Might hatch some or might just by day old chicks for those. It'll depend on how this first batch goes.

Okay guys! Incubator has been up and running. Humidity is at a steady 50%, BUT I’m having trouble with the temperature. Mine evidently come with a manual on how to work it so I can’t adjust the temp and it’s reading 101.5. Would like to adjust it. Does anybody know how to do that on NR 360?

Or this....
Screenshot_20231219-060643.png

Back
Top Bottom