First time incubating....need help!

The only pics I've found of bad eggs cracking have like brownish goo. Ugh I hate the Internet sometimes. I don't even know if there is to be ANY moisture of any kind coming out if it actually is hatching properly. Maybe this whole thing was a bad idea because I feel like a murderer right now. Maybe a slight overreaction, but on my first batch I'm sure may people would understand the feeling.

Hi sorry to hear your having trouble. If that were my egg in the incubator I would be removeing it straight away it looks bad and certainly shouldn't look like that if we're hatching. If you don't remove it could contaminate your other eggs.

When eggs begin to hatch they only make a very small hole called a pip when they begin the process of hatching and no moisture/liquid should come out of that hole. The pip should also be at the fat end of the egg where the air cell is.

Hope you have more luck with your other eggs and good luck :fl

That's what I thought, unfortunately, but I knew it would be best to come consult the experts. Thank u

Yeah that is very bad. Get that egg out of there immediately. Be careful. You don’t want to make a mess in the incubator or in your house.

When a chick hatches it first makes a small crack in the egg shell. Eventually you often see a beak there where it is breathing. When it zips, it makes a crack the small way around the egg, not the long way like that one.

Got rid of it and got a much better light for checking development. What a difference! I still have a few in question that are too dark to see into, my guess is either because the chick is too big and will hatch soon (the only thing I see is the air pocket). And one absolutely did the pip thing! Unfortunately it looks quite red at that spot, the membrane (I guess that's what it is) is still intact, and I see no movement nor do I hear a thing. I think it may have passed away in process. But upon checking all the eggs I have about 10 that look amazing! I can see the baby move and the veins and everything. Really amazing. Hoping I can get maybe 50% of the 19 to hatch healthy and problem free.

If you currently have a pip in there, you really want to keep that bator closed and the humidity up. Otherwise the pipped one can get dried out and stuck inside the shell. (It's called "shrinkwrapping".)

I've had quite a few hatches now, and it still amazes me to witness the whole process. I get practically giddy when I candle and can see the embryo bobbing and dancing around, and when it gets bigger and you can see the baby insist wiggle and kick. Every step of the way is just wonderful. I don't think it'll ever get old for. So enjoy every minute of it!
ya.gif

j here's where our first one is at this point. It's been around 12 hours since she pipped, maybe a little longer. I still hear peeping but not sure if it's from this one or another. Saw a lot of movement last night when she broke thru. Today is quieter but she's still talking to me. Everything seem right my experts? I hope so!

Back
Top Bottom