First time incubating shipped eggs… NR 360

buckock

Songster
Dec 10, 2021
Amelia, Virginia
Hi all!!! Please help. This is my first time with shipped eggs. To date I’ve had moderate success with the NR360 with my own chicks (75% hatch rate) but I’m worried with the shipped eggs. They actually shipped 24 instead of 12. I’m not complaining about the bonus but the incubator only fits 22. None of the eggs arrived cracked but I can’t find any air cells. I let them sit for 24 hours and have put them in the NR 360 with the turner off with the extra 2 stacked. But… they are laying down and I wonder if I should stand them up… but there are no air cells so…. I was thinking I’d let them come up to temperature for 24 hours and then turn on the turner. Bad idea or good idea?

Hi all!!! Please help. This is my first time with shipped eggs. To date I’ve had moderate success with the NR360 with my own chicks (75% hatch rate) but I’m worried with the shipped eggs. They actually shipped 24 instead of 12. I’m not complaining about the bonus but the incubator only fits 22. None of the eggs arrived cracked but I can’t find any air cells. I let them sit for 24 hours and have put them in the NR 360 with the turner off with the extra 2 stacked. But… they are laying down and I wonder if I should stand them up… but there are no air cells so…. I was thinking I’d let them come up to temperature for 24 hours and then turn on the turner. Bad idea or good idea? When I first started my flock I purchased eggs from a local hatchery. The eggs came in a carton with the large end up and the air cell was properly positioned. Try candleling the eggs again for the air cell with a super bright flash light. I really like my Nurture Right 360, but the egg candler doesn’t seem quite bright enough.

Back
Top Bottom