First time with chicks

KyCoop

Songster
Oct 23, 2020
Central Kentucky
Yall I need some help. I just got some chicks for the first time! I got the chick starter kit they had at the store and 7 precious peeps. 1 buff orby 1 partridge rock 1 splash gem 2 mystic marans and 2 ee.
The splash has dried poo on her butt. What do I do? She is so so tiny I'm afraid I'll hurt her trying to get it off wrong.

I got the poop off and little Lilly pooped after and she feels much better. The 2 marans are a little droopy acting. But when I pick them up they kick and squirm. I'll dip them again. Thanks so much for your help.

Another question. They all seem to be of different ages. The marans are fully winged but 3 others barely have any wing feathers yet. Is everyone OK to stay together in the warm warm brooder or are the marans gonna get too warm? I do have a cool area.

They should be fine altogether - and it sounds like your brooder is set up well. As long as they can move away or near the heat source is perfect. Are they all females?
I only ask because if you have roosters then in the future you may have some conflicts..but for now they should all get along 😉

Another question. They all seem to be of different ages. The marans are fully winged but 3 others barely have any wing feathers yet. Is everyone OK to stay together in the warm warm brooder or are the marans gonna get too warm? I do have a cool area.
You're good it'll be fine. Enjoy the experience having chickens is one of my favorite things today

Back
Top Bottom