First try on the Rcom pro10- follow along as I review this incubator from out of the box to hatch da

Hi,

thinking of getting one but reading pros and cons.

I've read on other forums that some breeders had dead in egg, just a few days before hatching.

has anyone had this problem and what was the solution?

thanks

Hi, I just bought a Rcom 10 Pro Plus , which is yet to be delivered . I was told that it can incubate the same amount of Peafowl eggs as chicken. Does anyone know if that's true and whether I will be able to incubate peafowl eggs in it .

Thanks in advance for any information that you can provide.

Hi,
Are you happy with this incubator still? Is it easy to clean? There isn't much out there on the web for this model. Christmas is coming and I keep waffeling between this and a Brinsea. Thanks

I just used this for the first time but only for hatch and didn't get great results? 3 chicks were so stuck they couldn't get completely out of there shells and one started foam so I saved them. I am going to try a hatch from start to finish but my water pump has to be manually changed to up humidity so how did yours up humidity on its own?

My eggs are on day 0 and three are hatching. Is the incubator going to turn off sometime tomorrow when I'm at work or will it keep going until I unplug it manually. Worried that my chicks will perish.

It's okay. I've answered my own question! Yes this incubator keeps on going and does not turn off after 0 days. Just as well as four eggs hatched today. So 5 out of 10 isn't bad for a first attempt.

Hi annabellaknits,

I'm facing the same problem . My auto pump needs to be forced to operate to increase humidity . It isn't automatically doing so when the humidity drops below the set 45% . How did you eventually overcome this .

Angelobutter , did you face the same problem or did your pump maintain a steady set humidity and automatically run when humidity dropped ?

I just bought the Rcom pro 10. Got it all plugged in and just letting it sit. I don't have the water pump like you do but mine work great with the small water bowl attached on side. I have some silkie eggs that will be going into lock down in a couple of days. I am thinking about putting a few in there to see what happens. My only thing is you said something about noise that it makes when turning the eggs. That's the only thing I can't figure out. The turning and the angling. I If you could help that would be great. I also love the alarm when the temp is off. Oh, I also bought mine thru Rcom-It was the best price- $179.00 and free shiping. Was here in just a few days. Thanks

Last edited:
I have just completed my first hatch with my RCOM 10 pro. I would highly recommend it as it has a great candler and holds the tempreture really well. I also love how it has the selection menu so you can choose what to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom