Fishing off FryPan Roosters on 24%

ScarletinaVixen

Songster
Mar 3, 2019
Greetings: I have fry pan buff orpington and barred rock boys. I know they likely will not be as succulent as the meaty ladies I raised last year, but I want to give them every chance at that level of yumminess. Is a 24% chick starter feed on to give for the remaining 3 weeks before I look at butchering? It is on sale at a local feed store, I suppose because no one is buying it.

Hey, @duluthralphie. You're big into meatbirds. What do you recommend as a finishing feed?
I like to “cheat” the last 4-5 weeks on a rooster or Tom headed to the oven.. I overload them on corn for the carbs.. which makes them juicy fat....

I would not do this with Cx’s or BB turkeys..but the dual purpose and layer breeds it seems to help..

Some will say I am not giving the right vitamins and minerals and so forth...

That is not a concern of mine at that point because their long term chance of survival is zero...all they need is get juicy fat for me and my family..

I like to “cheat” the last 4-5 weeks on a rooster or Tom headed to the oven.. I overload them on corn for the carbs.. which makes them juicy fat....

I would not do this with Cx’s or BB turkeys..but the dual purpose and layer breeds it seems to help..

Some will say I am not giving the right vitamins and minerals and so forth...

That is not a concern of mine at that point because their long term chance of survival is zero...all they need is get juicy fat for me and my family..
Excellent. To the corn! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom