Floating Duck Housing

SandRun

Chirping
13 Years
Dec 19, 2007
Cincinnati
Does anyone have a floating duck house, or even a permanent structure on their ponds. I'm thinking of building one that would only be accesible from the water side to discourage any predation.

Put my six Blue Swedes on the pond for the first time today and they eventually made their way back to my garage looking to get in their pen. The wife is sick of the mess in the garage so I better come up with something!!!!!

Any ideas are appreciated

What an interesting idea. If you were to construct a floating house, you would have to anchor it so that it doesn't float ashore. Also, how would you go about collecting eggs? I don't have any great ideas or experience with ducks, but I do like them and wonder what anyone else can tell you.

Try doing a search on here for floating duck house. There was one about a month ago. I have it saved but I can't get it to copy for me . I just put my 4 on the pond on Saturday and they will not come out of the water!!! We are going to make one too. and you make it out of old stuff laying around. a light weight wooden pallett and empyt 2 liter coke bottles and and old igloo or plastic dog hose or old milk crates. It is really a good idea and will not cost much to build it.

Back
Top Bottom