Flock Sickness?

AnimalLover117

Chirping
Jul 7, 2022
Recently I posted about a hen with swollen eye (there was some bubbling), I've been doing colloidal silver a lot in her eye along with wiping her eye with a warm compress, and it seems to be helping. However, I think one of our other hens laid a bad egg, and she has been breathing through her mouth quite often. She still eats and drinks and lays her eggs though. Lately, I have also noticed that all of our chickens have been sneezing a lot more (we have 37 chickens). I think our guinea fowl are fine and I haven't really heard them sneezing. Does this sound like the whole flock is getting sick? Just seems like it may be, with what's been happening.

Recently I posted about a hen with swollen eye (there was some bubbling), I've been doing colloidal silver a lot in her eye along with wiping her eye with a warm compress, and it seems to be helping. However, I think one of our other hens laid a bad egg, and she has been breathing through her mouth quite often. She still eats and drinks and lays her eggs though. Lately, I have also noticed that all of our chickens have been sneezing a lot more (we have 37 chickens). I think our guinea fowl are fine and I haven't really heard them sneezing. Does this sound like the whole flock is getting sick? Just seems like it may be, with what's been happening.
I also want to mention that the hen that has been breathing through her mouth discharged stuff from her beak one time that I've seen.

How is the coop ventilation? Is there any ammonia odor, dust, or mold in the coop or run? How often are the same chickens sneezing? If the chicken you posted about earlier has mycoplasma (MG) then you may want to check for more bubbly eyes or swollen eyelids, and treat sick birds with Tylosin powder in the water. Has your sick chicken’s eye gotten better? Have you added any new bird to your flock recently, that could have brought a respiratory disease into the flock?

How is the coop ventilation? Is there any ammonia odor, dust, or mold in the coop or run? How often are the same chickens sneezing? If the chicken you posted about earlier has mycoplasma (MG) then you may want to check for more bubbly eyes or swollen eyelids, and treat sick birds with Tylosin powder in the water. Has your sick chicken’s eye gotten better? Have you added any new bird to your flock recently, that could have brought a respiratory disease into

How is the coop ventilation? Is there any ammonia odor, dust, or mold in the coop or run? How often are the same chickens sneezing? If the chicken you posted about earlier has mycoplasma (MG) then you may want to check for more bubbly eyes or swollen eyelids, and treat sick birds with Tylosin powder in the water. Has your sick chicken’s eye gotten better? Have you added any new bird to your flock recently, that could have brought a respiratory disease into the flock?
As far as coop ventilation, the coop is very well ventilated, but the weather has been very rainy, which has caused some weather to get in there. We have been cleaning out the coop a lot because of the weather. (We live in Central Florida). I haven't recorded how often the same chickens sneezing, I just have been noticing a lot more of it lately. The colloidal silver has been helping A TON with her eye, but we had to go away for two days and are on the return trip, so I haven't been able to check the progress for those two days. We haven't added any new chickens to the flock, and we don't plan to for awhile at minimum (heard lots of stories of new chickens infecting the flock).

Mold is very common during warm and wet weather, and can also affect the breathing, and cause respiratory illness. If any chicken ever dies from this illness, your state vet in Kissimmee can help diagnose the type of illness going through your flock.

Mold is very common during warm and wet weather, and can also affect the breathing, and cause respiratory illness. If any chicken ever dies from this illness, your state vet in Kissimmee can help diagnose the type of illness going through your flock.
Okay that's good to know where to go to diagnose the illness 👍 is there any treatments or anything you could recommend so that I can try to prevent death or more problems?

Back
Top Bottom