Nava

I Got The Naked Neck Blues
10 Years
Aug 2, 2009
Ocala Fl
balloons.gif
balloons.gif
Welcome to the Florida Chat Thread!!
Let's see how many BYC members are in FLORIDA!!
Visit our Member page & add yourself to our list:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/florida-always-sunny-side-up

Talk away Floridians or share pictures, and hope to see all of you some day at a swap. If you have stuff that you want to offer to your neighbors, you can post here too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Draftie from Williston signing in!
frow.gif

I don't know if this is the right place but I have a rooster to rehome free, I bought him at the chicken swap meet a few weeks ago. He's a youngish (less than a year old) spotted guy who quickly fit right in and does a good job with my girls (free range) but he's picking on my ancient turkey who is a beloved pet of mine, so Bob (the rooster) has got to go!

Picture of "Bob".
bob1.jpg

If this is not the right forum to give away a chicken kindly tell me where to place this, thanks!

Last edited:
I have to post this pic of my son and the chickens. This pic means alot to us even though it looks fairly mundane. My son has Down's Syndrome. He is terrified of the chickens. He will not pick up our 6 week olds and won't get close to these older ones. If I hold one he'll pet them but if they make ANY move he yells and jumps away.

So, enter this picture. He ASKED to feed them their scratch treat. I gave him the bowl expecting him to basically dump it, run and watch from a distance but that's not what he did. He grabbed hands full and spread it out in front of him and let them get close to him. They got within 2' before he started backing away but that's 6' closer than any other day.

I'm so proud of him working through his fear.
thumbsup.gif

Needed forever home(s) for young quail that were dumped in Duval Co, FL.

About 40 quail were dumped but when found a bunch had died from heat and dehydration and 5 were very weak. Some ran off before they could be caught. But the rescuer caught 20, rehydrated them and treated various eye infections. She now needs forever home(s) for these little ones as she is not set up for raising poultry.

Please contact me if you can take any or all of these little fluffies
View attachment 3541032
The 20 quail ate now all rehomed!

Hello! You have several breeds I've been drooling over! Do you have a thread where you've shared pictures of any of your 'kids'? I'd love to see!
Hi, I don't have a thread. Recently figured out my iPhone was saving photos in a weird format which explained why I couldn't upload photos but here are some since I discovered what was going on.
Three of my Silverudd's Blue (Isbar). I have another splash and another blue almost at point of lay. These two hens are laying daily and I love the olive eggs with purple speckles.
A71A80F3-8D42-44B5-9600-29E707C512FF.jpeg

My CL roo is Jill Rees line.
6205B73F-F9CE-47B3-BDA8-EE08A340A7A6.jpeg

Two of the CL hens. The grayer one is a production line which I prefer. They both lay a lot of blue eggs but the production line eggs are larger.
671D9E74-2943-4ECF-BC65-CDF828BFD063.jpeg

Araucana cockerel. A stunning boy, I love to admire. He changes color weekly. Soemone mentioned in a post he may be a blue wheaten .
187E2D48-D4A4-466E-9F79-8648AAFB6B2E.jpeg

Welsummer hen
5FE97E0D-DE4B-40FE-A0CE-A8680B60902C.jpeg

Beautiful Bantam Easter Egger roo needs a new home​

Location: Gainesville, FL (will drive within 5 hours to deliver)
Roosters name: Neville
Breed: Bantam Easter Egger
Weight: 3 pounds
Size: Bantam

About rooster: Neville is a very sweet rooster who takes good care of his Bantam Easter Egger hens. My dear SIL is very sensitive to light and sound and has decided the rooster must go (he works nights from his home office + can't stand the normal crowing).

Neville likely would do best in a home with only hens, ideally Bantams but he is tall and big (much bigger than the Bantam EE hens) as you can see in the pix, so maybe he could live with normal-sized hens. He, ahem, likes the ladies (but doesn't like competition). ;)

When Neville was a young rooster, out of a Crackle Hatchery order of 30 chicks 20 were roosters :0, other roosters were always being mean to him. The other roosters were also mean to the hens and each other. Neville would jump into my arms to escape other roosters.

Unlike the other roosters, Neville lets the hens eat first and keeps watch over them, jumping up on the roost to keep a lookout, and crowing at the first sign of a hawk in the sky or a strange, potential predator, noise.

He is a beautiful little boy who looks a lot like an owl and will eat greens out of your hand.

He has been raised with organic food, classical music, living with a small flock of ten or fewer chickens (2 crossbeaks have lived nearby, though one was recently killed, and his own flock of hens). I will drive him to you. Prefer a home that doesn't kill or eat roosters.

We are by the prairie in Gainesville, FL, and I will drive him to you, at no cost, for a good home! #chickenlove 🐔❤️
UPDATE: Neville found a perfect home on a lake in Florida in the country with five hens to love and ducks nearby and will be able to free-range a few times weekly.

Back
Top Bottom