Floridians?

tropical chicken

In the Brooder
13 Years
Jan 22, 2007
St. Petersburg, Fl
Hi, I am so glad I found the new board!!
big_smile.png

I am in St. Petersburg, Fl., I currently have a small flock of laying hens, and 4 Sebbie geese.....( anyone nearby want 4 sebbie's really, really cheap?)

Hi tropical chicken!

I'm in Wimauma, just outside of Sun City Center south east of Tampa. How do the geese get along with chickens? I have a bunch of Silkies, some misc. and quite a few wild chickens that come for breakfast and dinner. Also, just looked at a picture of some Sebbie geese, they look frizzled in the picture. Am I seeing it correctly?

Last edited:
Hi,
Yes, 3 out of the 4 are have long, curly feathers, and 1 is smooth. They like the chickens okay, however, I have them separated from them, as the geese tend to be more aggressive than what I am comfortable with.

I guess I'm a long way from you other Floridians. Florida is actually a very big state if you have to drive from one end to another, LOL.

NW tip here, not far from AL (Mobile side of AL). Do most of my shopping in Pensacola, FL.

Hehe, maybe I should sign on the AL thread ... I think I saw one.

Locals here used to joke that we live in L.A. --- lower Alabama.

Glad to be here though, learning lots! Thanks to everyone!

BTW, I was thinking of getting a goose or two (if I can find them, and only 1 or 2). I was looking at the white Chinese ones because I heard they are the best weeders, and good at controlling bugs too. I had wondered if they were safe to have roaming with chickens, and whether they will destroy a veg. garden. But too much of a drive to take the geese off of your hands, though curly feathers sounds interesting!

Last edited:
Hi! I am in Central East region, Palm Bay which is just south of Melbourne and North of Vero Beach. Yes FL is a big state. Does anyone know any hatcheries or breeders in FL...always good to know!

I'm close to Clermont, just outside of Orlando. I already looked online and couldn't find any reputable breeders in FL. Ideal is who I get my chicks from. Anyone else live close to this area?

I'm in Ocala... and am searching for some silkies to keep me company in my yard. I recently lost my girls after moving to a new house (my husband missed a weak spot in his coop/run design and something got at my girls! It was rather heart breaking...)

Back
Top Bottom