Flu shot (H1N1)

2chickenrich

Songster
11 Years
Oct 7, 2008
Perry, Georgia
Are you going to take the new flu shot this year ?? I always take the shot (health care worker) but I'm not sure about the new shot. just wondering how many folks plan to take it.

I react to flu shots. I get a large burning lump at the injection site that lasts for at least a week. I would rather have the flu.

No way! I'll leave my reasons to myself to not start a debate though.
wink.png

I usually get the regular flu shot, but I won't get this one. Back in the 70's my mother nearly died from the swine flu because she got the shot. This is just a government scare tactic and scam. They can use somebody else as a guinea pig. I'll pass.

Got Vitamin D?

"A lack of vitamin D has been linked to a diminished immune system response in a number of scientific studies. With the threat of H1N1 virus, also known as the swine flu, considered to be on the rise again as the fall flu season approaches, the Canadian government is taking a unique approach to determine the best public health response by performing vitamin D testing on those who get the disease.

"Epidemiological evidence suggests a role for vitamin D in seasonal influenza," said the Public Health Agency of Canada to Toronto's Globe and Mail newspaper. Since vitamin D levels go down in the winter, and flu rates go up, there is reason to suspect a link.

Should the vitamin D testing offer support for a link between higher vitamin D and milder infection with the flu, the agency will likely recommend vitamin D supplementation throughout the flu season.

The researchers told the Globe and Mail they are also drawing on research done in the 1940s where it was found that mice fed a low-vitamin D diet were more susceptible to an experimental version of swine flu than those with normal vitamin D levels.ADNFCR-2248-ID-19286038-ADNFCR"
http://www.privatemdlabs.com/news/V...-to-determine-susceptibility-to-$19286038.php

I'll probably get the standard flu shot this year. As for the H1N1, I'll probably pass. Not out of any concern for the safety of the shot or for all of the hype, but because if it does turn out to be valid, there are others far more in need of getting that shot than ME!

Doctors, nurses, emergency room staff, fire, police and other first responders of public safety personnel should be first in line for what might be a limited supply, should this round of Swine Flu prove to be more than just hype.

H1N1 is not the swine flu. It is a mutated version of the flu. every time a flu changes host, it also changes form(mutates). When science can identify all the bacterias that make up the human body, I'll be there guinea pig. Not until then.

What this video,and his others. Urgelt is a very intelligent, & well spoken man. What his poetry vids,there excellent. My favorite is the cremation of Sam Mc Gee. It speaks to the soul.

Back
Top Bottom