The Remembrance Continues

Today we remember Lilly as the groundbreaker she was.

Lilly was the first of our chickens to go and meet Santa. This started a tradition where nearly all of the hens have as their picture taken with Santa and have been featured on our Christmas card.

We were at Tractor Supply picking up something for the ladies and noticed they were offering photos of your pets with Santa. There was not a lot of time left, in fact, just enough time to run home, grab a chicken, and get back. So it was decided that whichever chicken was easiest to grab would be the winning chicken. I figured it would be Maleficent but nope, Lilly walked right up to me like she knew what was going to happen. So off to see Santa we went.

Here she is enjoying the car ride there. It really did seem like she enjoyed the car ride.

The photographer was excited to have a chicken come for a photo but I don't think Santa was. Regardless of Santa's position on this, I think Lilly was quite photogenic. Check out the picture below. It is the centerpiece of our dining room wall of chicken photos.

View attachment 3802776
Oh I remember this story! What a great one. I gave this post a laugh instead of a heart because of Santa’s face 😆

Lilly was the first of our chickens to go and meet Santa. This started a tradition where nearly all of the hens have as their picture taken with Santa and have been featured on our Christmas card.

We were at Tractor Supply picking up something for the ladies and noticed they were offering photos of your pets with Santa. There was not a lot of time left, in fact, just enough time to run home, grab a chicken, and get back. So it was decided that whichever chicken was easiest to grab would be the winning chicken. I figured it would be Maleficent but nope, Lilly walked right up to me like she knew what was going to happen. So off to see Santa we went.

Here she is enjoying the car ride there. It really did seem like she enjoyed the car ride.

The photographer was excited to have a chicken come for a photo but I don't think Santa was. Regardless of Santa's position on this, I think Lilly was quite photogenic. Check out the picture below. It is the centerpiece of our dining room wall of chicken photos.

View attachment 3802776
I guess only having joined FBA last year, I couldn't have heard of this! I loved the video of the car ride... Lilly was so cute!

Ooh dang. That’s a reasonable mistake.

Please do post photos of the three fuzzies when they’re camera ready 😊 I also vote you run out for two more EE.
I should run out for mayor and chief executive officer of the Tulare County Council! But I would settle for a few EE’s asap

View attachment 3802776
Lilly is now the inspiration for another bad idea.

I haven't seen this video up until now since it seems a lot of them don't work on old posts.

Back
Top Bottom