Those cheeks are so cute!
She certainly is a friendly little EE
Could this be my Canna reincarnation? 🤔 IMG_4200.jpeg

More chick pics just because 🥰

IMG_1015.jpeg

IMG_1025.jpeg

IMG_1030.jpeg
IMG_1022.jpeg

Now, two comparison photos of two sides of the chick that is still fighting.
Normal side:
IMG_1017.jpeg

Poorly side- believe it or not it was worse and she can open and close it just fine. It doesn’t weep or in anyway appear infected. Her growth seems a little slowish compared to the others. Still eating, drinking, and pooping. Still treating with Terramycin though I do not know if it’s helping or not.
IMG_1020.jpeg

If it flies, it is in danger of being eaten by a chicken here. Several of mine have gone after, and caught wasps, yellowjackets, bumblebees and everything else. The only time they regret their decisions is when they reflexively catch a stink bug. They spit those out fast and start furiously wiping their beaks on anything. If chickens could gag, they would. Sadly the dumbest member of my family when it comes to things that sting is my golden Gracie. She likes spicy bugs. I have to keep Benadryl on hand for her. If she gets into a yellow jacket nest does she run, nope she fights back trying to eat the swarm. Same for wasps. I can no longer count the times she has had her face swell up from her spicy snacks.
You keep astounding me. That Gracie is something else! What a hoot.
My girls love stink bugs- I collect them by the cup-full in the fall and toss them into their run to see them fight over the nasty buggers.

Back
Top Bottom