View attachment 3821828One month in and I am so happy with this flock block purchase; everyone with chickens in confinement should try one out.
I had some trepidation due to reading bad reviews, but the chooks are both super interested in it (look, four of them pecking at once!), and it’s the right texture. Not too soft that they’re eating a ton and getting too much “junk food”, and not too hard that they’re discouraged.
I have not had luck with them. Ants always take over mine.

What a lovely time of year when there are buds everywhere 😊 Do you get many fruit? Or are the trees still too young?

Our trees just finished flowering and are working on leaves. I set up mason bees for the first time (do you have those?) but am afraid we missed the prime fertilizing pollinating window.
I do get fruit when I remember to spray for bugs after they flower. Last year I lost all the flowers and many leaves when I had a hard frost end of May. It went to -7C overnight (or maybe -10C), I had no fruit and almost lost a bunch of trees. I have never seen it so cold that late in the spring. We get frost but not a big freeze.

Couple yrs ago I had a load of Peaches, we all enjoyed them - and Japanese beetles and peaches are a chooks fav snack!

What a lovely time of year when there are buds everywhere 😊 Do you get many fruit? Or are the trees still too young?

Our trees just finished flowering and are working on leaves. I set up mason bees for the first time (do you have those?) but am afraid we missed the prime fertilizing pollinating window.
Not sure what mason bees are, my neighbour has bee hives so they are all over my trees here - a steady hum is permeating the air 😊

Not sure what mason bees are, my neighbour has bee hives so they are all over my trees here - a steady hum is permeating the air 😊
Oh you’re set for bees then! Mason bees are like honey bees… but less maintenance. They’re a solitary bee that emerges from a cocoon in early spring. They can’t sting, and don’t make honey. At the end of the season (six weeks long) you just collect the cocoons that have been left behind for next year.

Back
Top Bottom