Why can’t I find another rooster to take care of my ladies? I’m searching a 500 mile radius and have found nothing yet. I’m not trying to replace Sir Jaffar (that would be impossible) but I’m tired of the ladies bickering with each other and no peace in the tribe. I have a strong suspicion that the little ones are all girls, and I’m still heartbroken 😔. So my search goes on.

Why can’t I find another rooster to take care of my ladies? I’m searching a 500 mile radius and have found nothing yet. I’m not trying to replace Sir Jaffar (that would be impossible) but I’m tired of the ladies bickering with each other and no peace in the tribe. I have a strong suspicion that the little ones are all girls, and I’m still heartbroken 😔. So my search goes on.
I’m only talking through my heart.❤️. My head has a different opinion about getting a replacement rooster 🐓

:hugs

I forgot to add my twofer Tuesday yesterday 🙃
1000002161.jpg

Yup - I am not leaving until the back half of June.
My plan right now is to leave both of them for now and if Tassels isn't looking after herself I will haul her out each day.
I will play it by ear, but for sure I will leave them both for a week, maybe two, before I start up the broody jail.
I imagine if they can sit in a tiny dish bowl together, I can put them in the same jail together when I get to that stage.
My worry now is that they go broody while I am away. But I think my chicken caring lady will be able to cope.
Oh how fun co-broody ladies, too bad you’re not going to be around you could have given chicks to them to raise - like I did with Fluffy and Curly 💕😊

They did a great job together.

Back
Top Bottom