I’ve never been happier.
I went to check out Auggie and my friend told me to hop on him bareback. She led me around one lap and then let me do whatever. I trotted him, and for someone who hasn’t ridden in five months, I sat his very bumpy trot very nicely.
He has a wonderful trot, and he’s very gentle.
Mom and I both agree that he’s perfect. I got my brother to get on him and I led him around at a walk.
Mom asked how much he was, and my friends parents said $500.
I’m going back on Sunday to ride him again, this time with a saddle and to pay for him.
I’ve wanted a horse my whole life, and now I finally have one.
He and I are about the same height. I doubt I’ll grow much more.View attachment 3827853
Isn't that wonderful! I'm so very happy for you!

Oh, certainly trail riding. Once I move him out to my farm, I’m gonna be riding him down out dirt road to the highway. There is a trail right at the end of my dirt road.
Dad says no jumping 🙄 of course, he’ll warm up to me jumping.
I wanna learn how to ride western! August rides both Western and English, and he’s good at the barrel pattern.
If you have a Prince Phillip Games Club in the area you should join that, they are games on horses - gymkhana games are what they are known as.

Here is some info for you on gaming. I had many many of my Ponies used for PPG (Prince Phillip Games), to this day I get people asking me if I still have ponies - alas no, I don’t breed horses or ponies anymore. 💕

Sally’s was an awesome games pony and also did jumping dressage and cross country.

https://www.ponyclub.org/not-found?url=Members/Disciplines/Games/

http://www.canadianponyclub.org/National/PPGames/

Now I am too old to train youngsters- my old girls are wild enough for me, and my chickens keeep me on my toes!

My latest babies to train
7A6F8509-631F-428F-96A8-4963F3ABEDA0.jpeg
EE0F9458-6A7C-4915-A9BE-D740CA855B9D.jpeg

Congratulations I hope it becomes official tomorrow for you. I know you posted it a few pages back but how old is he again? I am with your dad on this one. No Jumping when out by yourself. Maybe in an arena with a trainer or adult present. Rosie has the same rule. Russ can pop over low jumps, I have saw them both do it. 2 years ago I enforced the no jumping ever again rule. I did it out of kindness to Russ. He will do anything Rosie asks no question. He is also 20 or 21 this year. At a certain point just because the horse can, it no longer means they should. Stick to the trails, barrel patterns and leisurely hacks and enjoy your new buddy for many, many more years to come.
He’s mid to late teens.
I don’t plan on any big jumps, just some small cross rails 😊
I hope that I grow a good bond with August. Today was my first day meeting him and he was following me around.
Whenever my older brother was on him, he was following me like a dog. If I turned, he turned. I know that normally horses do that, but it just made me happy.
When I was done riding him and my mom was discussing the price and stuff, he rested his nose on my shoulder and almost fell asleep. 🥰

I sat outside this morning from about 6:15 on. 3 hours and 2 pots of coffee later, no sighting of Momma Hen. I guess I will try again tomorrow. I will not loose hope for a few weeks yet. Momma has disappeared several times. When she hid and hatched off the group of 10 3 years ago I never once spotted her while she was setting and just knew she was gone. If I am being 100% honest with myself though, I am not entirely hopeful. Momma has been slowing down and showing difficulty especially roosting. Lately she has had to have 2 or 3 tries to get up in her favorite roost tree. I tried to catch her unsuccessfully multiple times to either put her in the coop or on the new big roost. There is just no catching that hen when she is not on a nest.
Worrisome. Hoping for a sighting soon. 🤞

He’s mid to late teens.
I hope that I grow a good bond with August. Today was my first day meeting him and he was following me around.
Whenever my older brother was on him, he was following me like a dog. If I turned, he turned. I know that normally horses do that, but it just made me happy.
When I was done riding him and my mom was discussing the price and stuff, he rested his nose on my shoulder and almost fell asleep. 🥰
I'm sure you will be very close.

If you have a Prince Phillip Games Club in the area you should join that, they are games on horses - gymkhana games are what they are known as.

Here is some info for you on gaming. I had many many of my Ponies used for PPG (Prince Phillip Games), to this day I get people asking me if I still have ponies - alas no, I don’t breed horses or ponies anymore. 💕

Sally’s was an awesome games pony and also did jumping dressage and cross country.

https://www.ponyclub.org/not-found?url=Members/Disciplines/Games/

http://www.canadianponyclub.org/National/PPGames/

Now I am too old to train youngsters- my old girls are wild enough for me, and my chickens keeep me on my toes!

My latest babies to train
View attachment 3828029View attachment 3828030
That sounds fun! I’ll have to look and see.

He’s mid to late teens.
Awww that’s so sweet.

Have fun and don’t do crazy stuff like I did - big logs, gates, ditches, fences they were all fair game with me and my horses 😊 - also flat out gallops in the fields. But my horses were young and trained for those things. And I wore the proper gear. Boots, hard hat, crash vest. I bought breakaway stirrups because you just never know if you fall off you do not want to be dragged with a foot stuck in a stirrup.

Gosh you will have so much fun 😊

Back
Top Bottom