Don't worry, @Ponypoor , I do have taxes.
1713042117108.jpg

TSC Easter Eggers, and Bantams.
1713042133338.jpg

Don't worry, @Ponypoor , I do have taxes. View attachment 3828914
TSC Easter Eggers, and Bantams.View attachment 3828915
Awwww! So cute! I was at Peavey Mart (like TSC) for feed today and they had the latest batch of chicks in. Coloured egg layers and brown egg layers.

Itā€™s a whole new concept up here for having live chicks in store to sell. Oh we could always order chicks and pick them up at the feed store. But they never offered chicks for sale in the store. Itā€™s been a huge success apparently.

Of course itā€™s not great news for Freys Hatchery here in Ontario - they will have to start offering more variety of chicks if they wish to compete with Peavey Mart.

I swear if they had any Brahma today, I would have bought a couple šŸ¤­šŸ¤­šŸ¤­

Good thing they didnā€™t! I am truly at capacity here.

Thanks for sharing!

I am going to have to keep a close eye on Poppet and the hay nests. She did not lay today, but I have gotten 5 eggs from her so far. Seeing as how today was a no egg day you would think she would not be in the nests. Wrong, I caught her hopping up after Dottie laid her egg. It took some shuffling and some wiggling, but she finally managed to sit and cover all 4 big eggs in the nest. I really think if left to her own devices, she would be broody at the drop of a hat.

I
Am
Pooped!

My BIL and I got my lawn tractor running, then I cut the grass at the barn, and then we got my pull behind mower/bush hog running, and my BIL cut the grass and weeds in the front paddock, I piled all the brush and downed tree debris into two piles in that paddock, all ready to do a controlled burn with. I need to have the fire chief come out and inspect the location as itā€™s been a few years since she has inspected the location.

Once she does I can get BIL to go grab the burn permit and we can get rid of the debris. Then if it ever stops raining I can spray the paddocks.

The belt on the bush hog shredded so need to get that fixed, BIL finished the mowing using my poor old lawn tractor. 22 yrs old and still works.

Then I had to clean stalls - I didnā€™t do that this morning as I went to the feed store early. Wanted to get the truck back to the barn before the rain started and made it soft again.

Now I am pooped. Tomorrow I need to throw down hay and pile the old straw on top of mount poopmore, so I can start the process of dumping the manure from cleaning stalls up there. Day in day out, same old same old.

I
Am
Pooped!

Oh @BY Bob
My magnolia is very nice this year, havenā€™t had any bad frost to kill off the flowers.
82242D2F-6B6E-478C-A202-9F5A93EA6F6D.jpeg

I am going to have to keep a close eye on Poppet and the hay nests. She did not lay today, but I have gotten 5 eggs from her so far. Seeing as how today was a no egg day you would think she would not be in the nests. Wrong, I caught her hopping up after Dottie laid her egg. It took some shuffling and some wiggling, but she finally managed to sit and cover all 4 big eggs in the nest. I really think if left to her own devices, she would be broody at the drop of a hat.
Well now, Betty will pop into a nest and sit in there tuck all these eggs under her, look very content and sit there forever.

But then once she lays her egg itā€™s all over - she hops out grabs a snack and carryā€™s on doing chicken things - all business that one!

Back
Top Bottom