They will be fine 💕

Just think good thoughts and enjoy their antics.

My wee bantams are enjoying being with the big chicks - I think they were lonely just the two of them.

Your kiddos will learn to steer clear of the big girls - my bigger chicks are running with the group now when I am home.
Being away from the little ones, giving me time for the big girls. I love that!

Oh crud. I've been so stressed lately I haven't realized that it's Wattle Wednesday. I knew today is Wednesday, but I didn't realize it was Wattle Wednesday.
Bonus: I misspelled "crud" for "curd." Oi...
Would anyone like some curd? Perhaps lemon curd?
No?
It's fine, Grandma isn't a fan of curd either.
She prefers frosting. Icing. Oi! How do you say it!?
I call it icing - 😊

I call it icing - 😊
Icing is made with powdered sugar and liquid like milk or coffee. It gets poured (or dripped) onto what is getting iced. It hardens as it sits, making for a semi-stiff topping. Frosting is made from powdered sugar and butter beaten together, making it fluffy. It doesn't harden after application but does hold shape so it spreads with a knife well and it pipes on well too.

Tax
20240522_110650.jpg

I went to a funeral for that guy I found deceased in our parking lot. I brought the most delicious 3 layer lemon cake, that anyone has ever tasted. My honor to the dearly departed.
And honors for Dakota who, right now is cleaning up the mess that the little ones made earlier today. 👍🏼

Hey everyone.

Well, it is time to break out old Bessie and set her up. Bessie by the way is my incubator. Some of you already know but a secret has been kept between @Ponypoor and myself. I may have hinted a bit the last month when she talked about her plans with hatching silkie eggs by her niece and my desire for a Teddy x Marty chick.

Look what arrived this morning
DSCN3122.JPG

All but 2 eggs safely made it, including 2 bonus Betty eggs. They are sitting now resting for 24 hours and at Noon tomorrow I will load up the incubator. I am also tossing in at least 5 of Poppets eggs as this will be my only hatch this year.

Cross your fingers and say a prayer everyone for a good hatch. I am not even going to pray for all pullets. A Teddy x Marty son would be welcome.

Last edited:
Icing is made with powdered sugar and liquid like milk or coffee. It gets poured (or dripped) onto what is getting iced. It hardens as it sits, making for a semi-stiff topping. Frosting is made from powdered sugar and butter beaten together, making it fluffy. It doesn't harden after application but does hold shape so it spreads with a knife well and it pipes on well too.

TaxView attachment 3840308
You had me at sugar 😊

I hate when my phone goes off for tornado warnings, ‘Meep meeep meeeep meeeep’

I have two phone ls, there are 5 others in here that each have 2 phones - good lawrd all mighty!

That scared me more than the tornado it self (have I mentioned I live in the Goldie locks zone here) - 5 tornadoes over the years all around me within a few miles - none has damaged my place (knock on wood). I aim to keep it that way - GO AWAY STORMS!

today’s warning, round 2 heading this way. This is the same system that caused such wide spread devastation yesterday in Iowa and area 😢 so sad for everyone
BD3F91BD-0653-486A-9166-89ED6A42EE1F.png

I hate when my phone goes off for tornado warnings, ‘Meep meeep meeeep meeeep’

I have two phone ls, there are 5 others in here that each have 2 phones - good lawrd all mighty!

That scared me more than the tornado it self (have I mentioned I live in the Goldie locks zone here) - 5 tornadoes over the years all around me within a few miles - none has damaged my place (knock on wood). I aim to keep it that way - GO AWAY STORMS!

today’s warning, round 2 heading this way. This is the same system that caused such wide spread devastation yesterday in Iowa and area 😢 so sad for everyone
View attachment 3840399
What happened in Iowa yesterday?

Back
Top Bottom