fly bags are amazing!!!!

Quote:
Pelletized Lime is better

I was wondering about that! Isnt lime caustic? Will it burn them? This must be a "safe" lime?
Thanks for any help..
smile.png

Can i toss it in my dog run or pig pen?

I have used Sweet PDZ in my meat bird coop and it really helped with the smell. It's a stall freshener.

Quote:
my husband got some of the reusable one from rescue last year at the tractor supply store for 50 cents!! they work better than the expensive ones from spalding labs!

Quote:
Would you believe I had a predator steal one the other night?.. I have no idea why they wanted it so bad.. but the entire trap is gone and so is the piece of wire I used to tie it to the tree branch...

Maybe a neighbor that couldn't stand the smell anymore stole it....lol

I got the bag one after reading negative reviews about the opening being no so good on the reusable ones. I have yet to put it up since I moved the day area of the chickens away from us. I had flies in the coop,but worse was the swarming in the yard on every drop of poo. I swear the air seemed *alive* with the buzzing of all the flies. Not good since I have many houses surrounding mine. I would walk the yard and cover droppings(loose ones) with red lake clay/DE mix,but that only does so much.

Atleast we have not had a bunch of biting flies.Ugh,one bite from one of those flies sent me running into the house.The pain of that bite was way worse that a dozen skeeters on me!

Quote:
Would you believe I had a predator steal one the other night?.. I have no idea why they wanted it so bad.. but the entire trap is gone and so is the piece of wire I used to tie it to the tree branch...

Maybe a neighbor that couldn't stand the smell anymore stole it....lol

Not likely.. my closest neighbors are cows.. then goats.. then beyond that people.. I can go weeks at a time and never see another person.. it's so nice!

They might be effective but lord do they stink! I must be super squimish because they turn my stomach the minute I smell one! We invested in the fly predator, it took a little over a month but I'll be...they work like a charm! We get the monthly shipment, let them hatch and sprinkle them over the manure/compost piles. I'm really impressed. No smell, No flies, no mess! Worth every penny!

I just bought 4 more at home depot last night. I only use one at a time but seem to be replacing them every two weeks. The one I just threw out had almost been filled. They do get smellier the more dead flies are accumulated, obviously, so you do need to keep up with them. Jeffers Pet has a special right now on them if you want to order on line. Buy 10 get one free which is a lot but you can store them for next year. They are cheaper than HD too. I am hooked on fly traps...maybe I need professional help? BTW...anyone in the Northern NJ want any roosters? I have three that need homes. Lucky me that three out of my six ended up roos. I am going to replace them with a naked neck and probably cukoo marans.

Back
Top Bottom