Flying Poults abound!!! eeek!

spook

Songster
11 Years
Apr 21, 2008
North Central Florida
Hi everyone, foolish question! I have a circus in my kitchen, or what seems to be.
2 weeks old and they fly onto the 1 gallon waterer, then to the back wall of the box, crash and land. Then the next one takes off from the back wall to crash over the waterer and hits the screen, bounces to the paper masking the gap in the box. Then they try to land on the top of the heat lamp!
The box is 5'x 3'x 3', shavings and nothing special for food except medicated Turkey Starter! (should I find some Kryptonite?)

Can I put them in the outside cage where they can go out doors if they choose? Or wait for another week? These hoodlums are very happy and active and peep loudly if they cannot hear me in the house.

I think they are way to young yet.. at 2 weeks they might not have all their feathers and get chilled easy enough.
Mine still comes in at night for the heat lamp since he still has fuzz on his belly and neck. he loves it.. he settles right down now under the lamp.
The peeping is prolly cause they imprinted on you and think your their mommy? lol
Mine does it.. i leave the guestroom and he peeps like mad.. I come back in and trills soflty..
yep .. your their mommy now..

LOL, first thing I've heard today that makes me feel good, I'm a mommy. I believe your right, unfortunately I always get the ones that know how to get my attention. But its ok.
I agree with you on the down, your right of course, I guess I need a larger area and some miricle grow for those feathers (only kidding)!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom