Fom Malaysia With Chickens

Norzam

In the Brooder
Jan 26, 2016
Malaysia
My Coop
My Coop
I guess I need to make a few posts for the Insufficient permission for new comer here
big_smile.png

Hi there !.... Zam from Malaysia.
Nice forum that you all got here...So informative with lots of ideas & of cool stuffs...

Hi :welcome Zam

Glad you could join us here! Yes the more you more post the more features become available to you. Do you have chickens at the moment?

Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Hi Zam,
welcome-byc.gif

We have a good friend in our former hometown that goes by the same name. I even named one of my favorite chickens after him (a hen named Zam). Nice to see another Zam around!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks for joining us!

Nice to meet you Zam, say hello to new members here and you should have the required posts in no time. Glad you joined the Backyard chickens flock.

Howdy Zam and welcome to BYC. Hope you enjoy it here. I've been around chickens all my life and learned a lot on here. Specifically on incubating.

...Typo error there in the title...should be "From Malaysia With Chickens"
lol.png

Some info on myself : Married man with a lovely wife. A father of five lovely kids. Once a Koi Fish lover & had a pond...now no more & into a chicken mode
yesss.gif

I'm totally a beginner in raising chickens & it was made as a part time hobby for me to get busy & knocking things with hammer during the weekend, DIY stuffs... But I have seen my dad raising it when i was a small kid (5 years old (1981)....oops now you all can guess my age don't u ?
smile.png
.....not too old ehhh
old.gif
wink.png
)

Yes , Indeed i got chickens but not at the backyard as i got no backyard .. its a front yard...supposed to be a playground field, but its not happening yet, well at the moment. For the past 12 years its been a thick bush. So, I took the initiative to follow 1 of the old timer here that has a coop, & i built mine also recently.

It was all started when I came across BYC website in Nov 2015...Funny & I dont know why
roll.png
coz I was in google mode for some info on plants, & suddenly this website catch my eyes & REALLY has inspired me to build one when I looked at those beautiful coops that you all got here. Its a full weekend job and almost 95% one-man-show job...with 5% credit goes to my eldest 12 years old son for 'helping' me out.

Seriously i don't really know the types of chicken flocks that I've had. Local call it as Ayam(Chicken) Kampung(Village) & there are 5 of them( 1 big roosters, 1 small rooster & 3 hens ), the best part is... I got them for free
celebrate.gif
, thanks to my dearest friends & married couple, Suhardi & Fiza. There are another 5 hens that i bought when they are 1 month old ( I don't want to trouble myself raising a day old chicks). Local call them as Ayam(Chicken) Kacuk(cross-breed). I've been told that it was local+western breed...& I was joking with my wife..these were cross-breed between Java + German , so you got Javaman ( & yes , me & wife are carrying Java gene from Indonesia)..

Once the permission is ok, I'll start uploading the coop & the flocks pics.

@NorthFLChick >> I dont mind if you wanted to call your other pets as Zam1 , Zam 2 & so on
lol.png

I can feel the friendliness environment here

Here in Malaysia, its a Muslim country...I'm a Muslim.... & yes, I hate wars.
Peace you all . No wars
hugs.gif
...Build a friendly world so that human can live in peace...& yes for the chickens too
yippiechickie.gif

Hi Zam, welcome and many thanks for providing us with some background. It sounds like you have a great project going on there and good on ya for following your neighbours initiative in building a coop. I know what you mean about not having what are termed "traditional" breeds - i live in kenya and the same goes for me. Its probably for the best though, because i would go crazy if i had the choice of so many breeds
big_smile.png
Guess it won't be long before you have little chicks running around the place - thats the bit i like best about keeping chickens. I breed 'em just cos of that reason alone!

Wishing you all the best on your chicken adventure!

CT

Back
Top Bottom