For all you butt fans....fluffy butts that is....

Love the baby butt fluff!!! And of course, love BO's...and having baby chicks. I miss the chick stage
sad.png

Quote:
The chick stage is fun. But it's nerve wracking. What if the power goes out? What if the heat lamp bulb goes in the middle of the night? OMG. I'll relax some in a few weeks when they start to get some feathers and are not quite so dependent on heat.

Quote:
The chick stage is fun. But it's nerve wracking. What if the power goes out? What if the heat lamp bulb goes in the middle of the night? OMG. I'll relax some in a few weeks when they start to get some feathers and are not quite so dependent on heat.

Funny you should mention that. The power went out in the entire San Diego area - the same week I turned off the heat lamp over my chicks. I was super lucky...and kinda figured that I'd have to sleep with my chicks in close quarters for body warmth if they'd been younger...
Thinking that having chicks in winter is entirely too stressful...but yours are so cute, it's totally worth it
big_smile.png

(edited for clarity)

Last edited:
Quote:

Funny you should mention that. The power went out in the entire San Diego area - the same week I turned off the heat lamp over my chicks. I was super lucky...and kinda figured that I'd have to sleep with my chicks in close quarters for body warmth if they'd been younger...
Thinking that having chicks in winter is entirely too stressful...but yours are so cute, it's totally worth it
big_smile.png

(edited for clarity)

Gosh, that freaks me out. I mean the weather here is clear and calm and if I can just get them a little more grown up, I won't freak as much. But they are so vulnerable right now.

Quote:
big_smile.png

(edited for clarity)

Gosh, that freaks me out. I mean the weather here is clear and calm and if I can just get them a little more grown up, I won't freak as much. But they are so vulnerable right now.

The power outage was a totally freak accident and probably won't ever happen again. Your little ones will be fine - especially because they have a great chicken mom
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom