For all you butt fans....fluffy butts that is....

Cute ducks!! My chicken thinks she's a duck and often quacks at me in the morning!!
tongue2.gif

Quote:
They are both blue laced red wyandottes...from a HATCHERY!

What a gorgeous chicken! I had golden laced wyandottes that were really skittish, beautiful birds but not friendly at all despite being handled a great deal when young. What's her temperament like?

She isn't cuddly perse, but she is very approachable, and loves treats. She is always one of the first to come up for treats, loves yogurt, oatmeal, and pumpkin. She is very stately, and sweet, but quick to put the young ones in line.

And yes, she is from MPC.

Last edited:
Here's a very sad fluffy butt which I hope changes very soon. She's going through an ugly molt. But the good news to that is she's covered in pin feathers so it shouldn't be too much longer before she finishes.
Notice that even the tops of her legs above her knees are covered in pin feathers.

69266_dsc_5398.jpg

For comparison purposes, this is what Coco SHOULD look like.

69266_dsc_3763.jpg

Quote:
Ugh, you should see the rest of her. Her neck is TOTALLY bare except for pin feathers. She's lost all her tail feathers and most of her wing feathers. She's given up maintaining the few she has and is working on unzipping the new ones. It's amazing to watch it progress every day. But I just want to wrap her in a fleece blanket the poor thing.

Awwwww!!!! How often do chickens molt?

I have 2 cockatiels, and they have molted only maybe 2 or 3 times in the past 5 years. (Not sure if this is a good or bad thing..)

Back
Top Bottom