For Sale: Silkie Chicks in MN ~ pick up only

destiny_56085

Crowing
11 Years
May 29, 2009
Sleepy Eye, MN
Silkie Chicks for sale. Out of top breeding stock. There are currently 36 available for sale... 9 black, 12 splash, 8 white, 3 partridge, and 6 blues. Some have dq's that make then pet quality only, some have minor defects in toe spacing, and some I simply have enough of that color already saved back for myself and there is nothing wrong with them. Ages range from 1 day to 3 weeks old. I will have more hatching through the spring. $5 each for anything under a month old. Prices will go up with age depending on quality after that.

For pics of some of the chicks and my breeding stock, feel free to take a look:
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/destiny_56085/

I am the MN State Rep for the ASBC & the NSBA. I will answer questions if possible. I'm available most mornings by appointment to come see the babies. I live in Sleepy Eye... southwestern MN. Pick up only until the weather warms up enough to ship safely.

Please don't click on the bid option! PM if you are interested in some. Just a reminder... This is pick up only right now!!!
Amy

On a sidenote..... All pens are separated by color since November. I have 2 white pens, a huge pure black pen, a buff pen, and 2 splash/blue pens. The partridge come out of my whites and I occasionally get lavendars from the splash. Here are some pics of my older birds:

PICT1454.jpg

PICT0872.jpg

PICT0870.jpg

PICT0720.jpg

PICT2063.jpg

000_0109.jpg

dscn1315.jpg

I want to give a huge thumbs up for Destinycrazynumbers, I got some birds from her in the late fall as younguns and am very impressed with them. I have a feeling one of the whites I got from her will end up being one of my best, if not my best, bird.

She was TOPS in customer service.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Thank you! I started raising them in 2002 and its just getting better every year. Lots of great mentors! I just have 80-90 chicks in the house (yes the house). Its way too cold up here to move them out to the garage pen yet. I picked out some for my own fall show string and have plenty of extras. Ummm I also have about 8-9 dozen eggs due to hatch within the next couple weeks too. When my birds really start laying I'm almost scared to do my daily Easter Egg hunt. I already have chicks in just about every room of the basement. Peep Peep Peep!!!!! Please reserve my spot at the insane asylum for April I'm guessing.....

Oh I love them!! I wish you were in NY... We don't have many people with Silkies here yet
smile.png

will you be going to the Northeastern Poultry Congress Show in Massachussets by any chance? Lol

Sorry lil too far to drive! When the weather cooperates I will be able to start shipping again. Lovely MN has the same forecaster as Siberia though.

I just love the silkie chicks I got from you last fall. I also think they will be my best quality silkies.
thumbsup.gif

As far as the insain assylum
tongue.png
I feel your pain. I have only 13 chicks in my bathroom and those little guys do not sleep through the night.
barnie.gif
My weather is mildy better than yours, but not by much, no chicks outside here either. I can just imagine how loud it is at your house.
lau.gif

Seriously,.. drive, fly, walk, hop there. She has good stuff!

I have an egg from her roo and my hen peeping now in the incubator!

Back
Top Bottom