For those who's spouses don't play along....

This is why I love my bantams;) I got 8 from the feed store last week, and then realized..... "Oh dang. I need some spice and variety in my life, I would like a black hen. LOL. Must go get black chicks."

So I went back yesterday and picked up 4 more blackies to complete my rainbow:lol: He will never notice (I hope!)

Harley's girl :

After about 50 my DH noticed! He said where in the world did all of these chickens come from. I smiled big and shrugged my shoulders. I guess I can't do that this year.
wink.png

Should have told him "from eggs".​

Mine doesn't care how many I have...he helped me build the shed for them but after that it was all up to me. So I made all the pens and stuff. This spring I am totally rearranging everything...and adding a second shed that we already have, it's small but will have two breeder pens in it for next year...this year I'm going to use the breeder pens to brood my chanteclers I have coming in. Should be fun!

Quote:
OH Perfect!~ He already told me no Peacocks too. I could add it to the 50 or so hatching out soon right? LOL Might have to find someone near Tucson with a baby peafowl !

When I first got my chickens they were just "Jen's project". Now that we have had them for awhile I think my husband loves them more than me. I grew up on a farm so I am used to them but he was a city boy so they are amazing to him. I got home the other day and he was sitting out there with a beer just staring at them amazed.

Now they are "our chickens" unless they are being bad, like being noisy in the morning, then they are back to "Jen's chickens".

Back
Top Bottom