Former member coming back to the roost!

junko

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 7, 2014
Rhode Island
Hi everyone!

BYC really has changed since I was here about 10-12 years ago! I'm June and I live in Portsmouth, RI.

My old hens have been gone a few years and I think my hubby finally got tired of hearing "*sigh* I miss my girls." because he finally agreed to get some new chicks! So I'm happily going over brooder and coop plans. My old coop went to a friend who has chickens so I'm basically starting completely over. This time, however, I have agreed not to let them free range all the time, because my husband got sick of them digging dust baths in the middle of the lawn. :( So, when the ground and grass start drying out, they will have to stay in their yard until the grass is not dust bath worthy. I didn't provide them with a dust bath before since they had 1/4 acre to do it in, but this time I will have to.

I have 5 chicks on order from Mypetchicken.com which will be shipped May 12, so I have a little time to get everything just right.

So anyway, I'm happy to be back!

images

Great to have you back on BYC!

And good luck with your new babies!

Thanks everyone! I ordered 1 buff orpington, 2 blue/black/splash orps, a barred rock and an australorp. Love the orpingtons. Hoping to end up with 3-4 hens, so I got a couple extra just in case.

Last time I had 2 standard cochins (one is my avatar), a buff orp, a marans cross, a barred rock, and a couple others I can't recall- concord and black star maybe? Not all at once but about 4 at a time :)

Back
Top Bottom