Found a snake, what is it?

Crunchyyyyyy, what a cute little Ringneck! Argh, sucka! I want to catch a snake, haha. Go release it, I've got a gravid corn and you need a new baby!
lol.png

Quote:
LOL ring necks dont bite people!

THey said that KSB woudnt bite people and i still got bitten. Snakes have incredible small brain. If you finger smells like food and you stick your finger in there you run risk getting bitten. But atleast this snake wont do much arm. A bite might be a lil itchy for a few days.

Interestingly, ringneck snakes (at least some, I do not know if it includes every single species of them) do have a very mild venom. Not anything that would affect YOU, in any way, even if you shoved your pinkie finger into its mouth to bite. (And of course one of my colleagues in the herp lab in grad school *did* have to try, so I can attest to this being really true
tongue.png
)

There's yer small-charismatic-snake trivia for the day,

Pat

Quote:
Good Job!!! There are many snakes that fall into that catagory. The hog-nose is one. Around here they call it a puff-ader...makes me giggle. That is a cool snake! I pulled a prarie rattler off the playground yesterday. It was such a pretty one! But not on the playground...silly snake!

Beautiful little ringneck, I think. Although as an adult snake he may not live in captivity. You would be better off to get a baby and raise it. You have an incredible resource, Al Wolff, from Snake Rescue in your area who can positively identify him for you and perhaps steer you to babies. I often find these little guys in my garden.

sorry.. getting here late..

it is a ringneck snake... rear fanged.. the poison is not bad,, kinda like a bee sting... but if you do get invenomated you should goto the DR..

i really wanted one but they are getting hard to find...

Quote:
LOL it's Revlon and the color is "not so blue-berry" and get this... IT SMELLS LIKE BLUE BERRYS! Freaking magic, I swear...
lau.gif

I'm gonna go into town and find it today!

Back
Top Bottom