Found Chukar, La Costa CA

frankensusan

Crowing
16 Years
May 17, 2007
Escondido, CA
Hello,

I am in contact with someone who has located but not been able to capture a chukar in La Costa, CA.
Anyone lose a bird? It has an overgrown upper beak. Please PM me.

Susan

Here is the contact info in case someone can help him out. It's having trouble eating but is able to fly away.
Susan

--------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Susan he is probably a wild bird. With the overgrown upper bill anyone raising him would probably corrected that. If he is wild the fact that he has lived this long with the odd shaped bill doesn't seem to have any effect on his eating or drinking ability. If he has become a regular at your home you might want to put out a little grain and water to see if he sticks around. I personally don't like capturing wild birds unless your sure he is someones pet, then that is best done at night.

Update. Chuckar (wild or untamed "pet" still not sure) has taken up residence with a neighbor voluntarily. The kids are putting food out for it and it appears to be eating.
thumbsup.gif

I think their whole neighborhood has adopted it.

Susan

Yeah, best outcome really. They are getting it 'chicken food' and it's living in some container that was in the yard. Awesome
clap.gif

I'll keep checking back with him in case they ever get it contained, then we could do a quick beak trim and release.
Susan

Back
Top Bottom