Found Guinea nest

Ladeeda30

Hatching
Oct 23, 2015
We have guineas and chickens. They just started laying. I believe I found the Guinea nest inside the barn. I took them but didn't find any new eggs the next day. Should I put a couple back to get them to continue laying in that nest? Thanks

I think whoever had the nest, abandoned it because you took all the eggs. Or it might be an older nest and a predator might have grabbed the mother.

The hens is definitely safe they roost indoors. I'm just hoping she continues to lay inside the barn. Should I put a few back? Will tat entice her to use the spit again would more tan one Guinea use to same nest?

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

Guinea are picky bird and if they feel their nest is compromised they simply move it and yes they can count
smile.png

This lady got upset because I took 4 of her eggs so she went to another part of the yard and starter a new nest
tongue.png

Please go to the guinea trend and join along and find out more about guinea habits
caf.gif

gander007
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom