Found one of my hens dead today.

Thanks for all your info! I just ordered the valbazen & the feed store sold me Wazine so I did put that in the water, I suppose a dose of each should do the trick.

Thanks for all the help!

Wouldn't mixing DE (DIATOMACEOUS EARTH) food grade with their feed also help to de worm them? I've read about chicken and livestock farmers mixing in the bedding and feed to de worm their animals. http://www.richsoil.com/diatomaceous-earth.jsp it's non-toxic to the chickens and humans but kills bed bugs, fleas, worms and more....and it's inexpensive. Read the above article for more info. Some good articles here on backyard chickeno regarding DE as well..
DE is ineffective as a wormer. It is mixed in feed to help keep feed dry (that's why it's called food grade.) Mixed in bedding to help keep it dry and deter insects. Once wet it is ineffective until it dries. Chicken innards are wet.

DE is worthless as a wormer or for killing lice/ mites. Great for killing off larger bugs as it works into the abdomen breathing apparatus of bugs and kills them.

I use valbazen for worming, works great even if have to toss the eggs for a bit. You may as well get poultry dust too and get them inside and out.

Back
Top Bottom