Fox attack, two alive, five dead, three presumed dead.

Update:
Poo looks normal, but both are shivering. currently keeping eyes closed, one of them is capable of moving his head, but the other isn't doing so well. It seems that those two were the ones to put up a fight, therefore surviving longer than the others. It is 7:20am where I am, and we only found them this morning.

Any luck?
Yes! (See below):
They are probably in shock. Keep them warm and keep an eye on them. You can add nuti-drench and or electrolytes to their water. Eating and pooping are good signs.
Check them over really well for any injuries. Let us know what you find and we can try and help from there.
OK. They both want to lean to one side and fall over when I stand them up. but one of them has found his balance and is finally capable of stumbling around. They are both eating and drinking, but one of them needs a little help getting to the feeder and waterer. No apparent surface injuries, but one of them has trouble moving his body anywhere below shoulder height. Other than his left wing and his legs. Broken neck? Both are pooping profusely, as they normally would. How long are they normally in shock for? They have both improved since yesterday.

It's been a little over 48 hrs?
If they are improving, and you're willing, I'd give them time. I would think broken neck would be death... maybe some nerve damage is causing his problems. I'm no expert. Other then X-rays I'm not sure how you'd confirm that one way or the other.

Back
Top Bottom