Fox? Dog?

Ermines are a small mink like critter. They are resilient for their size and very capable of killing chickens.
Yeah we have a lot of them further up, they’ve killed pullets in this neighborhood before. My hens are pretty agressive and it’s not a small flock so they should be safe as long as my youngers stay inside and I get it caught soon

After asking around I found out there have been ermines in our neighborhood, and based off how it’s attacking only from the front, eggs have been going missing, I don’t see prints and all my hens are still alive I believe it’s living in the barn taking eggs and only attacking when the hens attack it. I’m going to take my sister dog out to find it’s hole and set up a live trap to relocate it
Thats not an attack, there isnt any broken skin. Treat your birds water with a few drops of Corid, you can pick some up at tractor supply. If it doesnt go away after a week or so then youll know for sure it was attacked.

Thats not an attack, there isnt any broken skin. Treat your birds water with a few drops of Corid, you can pick some up at tractor supply. If it doesnt go away after a week or so then youll know for sure it was attacked.
Neither look like predator attacks to me. :idunno
I didn’t show the other injury to avoid discomfort, but near under Cayennes wing is very injured and bleeding. What I found was a clump of feathers with a chunk of flesh on it then saw that injury

Back
Top Bottom