Frame help please!

16 inches on center is silly and overkill for an 8x8 building with 4x4 corner posts. Use some quickrete on the corner posts. you don't need any studs but three horizontal pieces of wood on the sides and back (top, bottom, and middle) will do, assuming you're using OSB for the sides?

You have a couple of functional options for your walls. You can do knockdown style walls and attach them to the 4x4 studs.

There are a ton of options for your roof...but look at online instructions for building sheds.

Where you're at (assuming TN or NC,) I'd just have the top foot or two feet of one side as hardware cloth, all across the coop. They need less warmth and insulation than you think.

I'm not knowlegable about paint but I can tell you that I'm using a type that is both paint and primer for inside my coop. I know many don't paint inside. I just feel better about it.

Ok, so took in all that was posted. Had a really crazy couple of weeks but now I’m getting started today or tomorrow. Couple more questions....

1) OSB or plywood?
2) if there will be days between hanging the walls and painting, should I do a quick primer, or leave it raw.
3) best beer to celebrate each successful day of building?

Back
Top Bottom