Free Feed Scoops when you buy coffee.

wpalmisano

Songster
9 Years
Aug 11, 2010
Connecticut
Hey,
we guzzle plenty of coffee here on my place and Kudos to Folgers coffee for their resealable plastic can. It has a hand grip, is heavy gauge plastic, comes with a reseable plastic cover, and the three pound size is perfect for chick starter if you buy in small quantities. The one pound is a perfect feed scoop. Picture below.

65292_32111spring11_053.jpg

65292_32111spring11_054.jpg

I've got lots of coffee cans like that. I've used a few, haven't used many because I can't seem to get the coffee smell out of them. Is there anything special you do to remove the smell? I was going to store oyster shell and grit in them so it wasn't left in the bags.

I use both maxwell and folgers coffee cans for scoops also. They fit my small hands really well and are a convenient size for lots of stuff. I love to "repurpose" items.

I leave a big one with the lid on the counter for "chicken treats/scraps" out every day and toss it in the dishwasher when emptied. I don't like to hand wash, makes my hands all dry.
hmm.png

I'd say the majority of containers get reused around here -- plastic bags for wastebasket liners or stinky trash, jars for dirty grease for the trash, storing dried peas and beans or grains, dog and cat food, "loaning" the neighbor a cup of milk or sugar -- all sorts of things. Bleach bottles trimmed up with scissors make great scoops, too. I rinse them or run through dishwasher if needed. Not big on buying containers.

X2
thumbsup.gif
We do the same thing, except I buy the blue containers (maxwell house), they fit my hand easier and I prefer the taste.
hide.gif
kind of a coffee snob here but DH has reined it in and i've found a not overly expensive brew I like so it's all good! given the choice though, i'm a starbucks gal all the way.

we use one to put scraps for our potbelly in...soon as he spots us carrying one he starts going bonkers bc he knows it's treat time!
lau.gif
cracks me up.

Back
Top Bottom