Free range 4h meat chickens

I completely agree with you. They have chickens called "freedom rangers" which are meat birds that are brown instead of white. I may be incorrect, but I think they grow slower than the cornish X. Another option is giving cornish x a try. Believe it or not, these birds WILL free range. If you raise them how you are wanting to raise your meat birds, you will find that they are not lazy, disgusting birds. Give them adequate room, and they will not be filthy. You can keep them relatively clean. Most people who have negative comments a bout cornish X raise these birds how they are raised on commercial farms. Anyway, that's just another option to consider.

Maybe you could try a dual-purpose breed if you're looking for a more attractive option that's better than free-ranging?
I've noticed with Cornish X, everyone seems to get different results, I had some and despite having a ton of room and grass, they refused it even having been exposed to it since they were chicks and having restricted food so personally I wouldn't raise them.

Back
Top Bottom