Free Range

Greetings from Cherl in PA
frow.gif
........I have had my flock for almost a year. My hubby and son are currently building my chickens a bigger enclosure. Today -they moved the coop and we let the flock out to roam around for the first time. They had a smaller temporary enclosed area and were getting bored with it. It was so much fun to watch them. They stayed together most of the time and ventured farther than I thought they would. We had a couple of rain showers and they retreated to the coop. After a few hours of adventure, they all returned to the coop for the night.

I am planning to let them free range when I can supervise. I think I will have happier, healthier chickens. The enclosures are nice when we can't be there and I also just got an automatic chicken door :) I am really excited to get everything done before the summer is over. Chickens turned out to be a great hobby that I enjoy more than I imagined. This site is a great place to share ideas and learn a thing or two. I will post some pics of my chicken mansion when it is all done. Thanks.....I have enjoyed reading all your free ranging stories.

Cherl

Hi and :welcome

I'm sure your chickens enjoyed it out in your yard. So many plants! A lot of the time here it's either dry ground or just leaf litter :lau

I hope you find all the info you need here, and enjoy the site. :D

Thank you redsox from Kansas......

It great to get to know other people who enjoy their chickens. I don't know many people in my area that have them. My whole family loves to watch the chickens free ranging. I think my new enclosure will be done later today.....but I will still let the flock have its freedom around the farm. I think they love the "bugs" the best.

Cherl

Back
Top Bottom