FREE Sabre/John Deere Lawn Tractor- SOLD!...well taken....

arlee453

Songster
12 Years
Aug 13, 2007
near Charlotte NC
OK, here's another deal of the century!! I have a Sabre (by John Deere) Lawn Tractor for FREE! You just pick it up at my house in Concord NC.

The engine runs great, cuts grass OK, drive and blade belt replace two summers ago. New battery last fall. Hydrostatic automatic transmission works great.

Now, the catch...it has a front axle damage where the bearings fell out and the tire fell off. A knowledgable friend of mine says the parts to repair it would not be very much if you can do your own work, and you could always use it for spare parts, etc. It also needs new tires, or you would need an air compressor, as I had to pump them up everytime before mowing.

It has a 46" cut (or may be 48, can't remember for sure) 16HP vanguard engine. It's 10 yrs old, but has been maintained yearly with oil changes, etc and has had at least two or maybe three overhauls at the John Deere dealer.

My buddy says the engine and transmission could be sold out of it for a few hundred bucks, so you might be able to make a few $$ off it.

Can you give my "Mr Green" a good home?? I just need it out of my yard where it is sitting since the tire fell off...
roll.png

3557_dscf1732.jpg

Last edited:
I was trying to see where Concord is in case my dad might be interested, but it made me pick between five different counties and I don't know which one you're in! ;-)

Sorry - Cabarrus - just north of Charlotte, just South of Salisbury. Just West of Monroe up 601....

How about 'about 10-15 min from Lowes Motor Speedway' That's a good landmark for a lot of us around these parts...

Bummer - well, if you know of anyone else, please pass it along. If I can't find it a good home here, I"m just going to put it out by the road and put a 'FREE' sign on it.

Thanks!

I found Mr Green a good home. My MIL's friend's friend's son is disabled, and fixes up mowers for extra cash. So, he's on the way now to pick Mr Green up for his refurbish.

Glad he's going to a good home!

Back
Top Bottom