Fresh eggs high in demand

Since my pullets started laying well our extra eggs do not stay in the fridge very long. My family and friends want them as soon as they are available.

Do they give pay you anything? I was just wondering. My six aren't laying yet, but I figure it would take until 2099 before just the coop was payed for.
barnie.gif

I was giving them away to people at work but found they were reluctant to ask for them. Except forthesuper cheap people who had no scruples and were gibving them away or feeding them to their dogs.
When I started asking $3 doz then I started having a regular run of customers that appreciate fresh eggs and the effort that goes into them.

You know, my dad once told me when we were trying to find homes for a litter of kittens that if I asked a small price for each - say $5, that they would go faster. He said for some reason, people feel like if it's free, there's something wrong with it. A small fee makes them think they have something special. I sold every one of those kittens within a week. Strange. Maybe it works the same way with the eggs?

Back
Top Bottom